ICC Industries Inc. serves as a holding company with operating businesses active in worldwide trading, distribution, marketing and manufacturing primarily of chemicals, plastics, and related products. The ICC Group of companies offers a diversified portfolio of products via its five operating entities. In addition, ICC holds a significant investment in a global flavors and fine ingredients company.
Headquartered in New York City, the ICC Group includes:
- ICC Trading Inc., (www.iccchem.com) a global chemicals trading organization;
- Dover Chemical Corporation, (www.doverchem.com) a producer of specialty chemicals supplying a variety of markets worldwide including plastics, metal working, drilling, fuels and others;
- Konsyl Pharmaceuticals Inc., (www.konsyl.com) a maker of OTC health supplements;
- Primex Plastics Corporation, (www.primexplastics.com) a manufacturer of extruded custom plastic sheet, and its subsidiaries O’Neil Color and Compounding Corporation, a producer of color concentrates and other additive compounds for plastics, and Woodruff Corporation, a designer and fabricator;
- A controlling interest in SC Azur SA, (www.azur.ro) a Romanian public company producing paints, coatings and synthetic resin as well as compression molding of a variety of products used in construction and related industries;
- A significant investment in Frutarom Industries Ltd., (www.frutarom.com) a global public company supplying the international food, beverage, cosmetics and other industries.
Please see the links to each of these companies’ websites for more detail.
Founded in 1950 as a one-person trading activity in New York City, ICC’s origins reach back to Central Europe during the early part of the twentieth century, when, shortly after World War I, Eugene Farber founded The United Factory for Varnishes and Paints in his home town of Timisoara, Romania. The company was nationalized after the Second World War, and Eugene and his family left Romania. Eugene’s son, John Farber, who was at the time a young chemist, made his way first to the newly-formed State of Israel and then to New York City to pursue his doctorate in polymer chemistry. There, he joined his father- in- law, Leslie Kleyman, at his small textiles export-import business, and began sourcing chemicals and selling into the European market. Ultimately, the family’s former factory in Romania, now known as Azur, was privatized and a controlling interest was sold to ICC in the 1990’s.
Today, ICC remains a family-owned company, with Dr. John Farber as its chairman. We are proud of our history, and we also look forward with enthusiasm to ICC’s future. We thank our valued employees and business partners around the world for our successful collaboration over many years, and we look forward to working together in the future to achieve sustainable growth and continued success of the ICC Group.